Left Talgar is the western tributary of the Talgar. The river originates on the northern slope of the Zailiyskiy Alatau, forming at the confluence of Constitution and Tourists glaciers at altitude of 3500 m. There is a 6.5 km long path along the bottom of the gorge. Tourists make their first stop at a small cave, then go up to cordon No. 3. As you move, the guide offers to relax by the Zolotov, Malyi Klyuch and Bolshoy Klyuch streams. The path goes through numerous bridges, around - rocks and slopes covered with deciduous and coniferous forests. Some stone statues resemble mythical creatures - a rock of demons and a giant statue. There is a meadow of KAZPI in the forest zone, where the meteorological station operating in the mudflow season is located. The meadow got its name in 1948, when students of the Kazakh Pedagogical Institute named after Abai made a ski trip to the Left Talgar.
The Talgar mountain knot is widely known among the mountain climbers of the CIS. The Talgar climbing camp of Union significance has been operating here for more than forty years. It was demolished by the mudflow in 1979.